Garlic doesn’t just keep those pesky undead away…You can use it to get rid of insect pests in the garden, yard, and even on house plants.
You can make your own pesticide from common ingredients from your kitchen. What you will need:
- 12 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon vegetable or mineral oil
- 3 cups hot water
- 1 teaspoon dishwashing soap (do not use laundry or dishwasher detergent)
1. Puree the garlic, skin and all, and oil in a blender.
2. Strain the mixture into a quart jar. Add water and dishwashing soap. Place a lid on the jar and shake gently to mix.
3. Decant the mixture into a spray bottle (you can clean and reuse a cleaning product spray bottle). Use the mix to spray the plants in your home and garden. Be sure to spray both sides of the plant. Apply every three days for a week to control hatching insect eggs. Repeat as needed after rain or when problems arise.