Termites are very efficient at gaining access into your home. To reduce your chances of a termite infestation, try the following steps:
- Seal all cracks and holes in the foundation of your home. This yields one less access point for the termites
- Ventilate your crawl spaces and attics to reduce the humidity levels
- Keep mulch, scrap lumber, sawdust, and firewood away from your home, as termites can be lurking in this material
- Remove any infested stumps from the general vicinity of your home
- Keep gutters clean of leaves and other debris
- Fix leaky gutters and spots on the roof. Termites love the moisture.
- Schedule regular check-ups with a termite or pest professional.